Pages

60th Birthday





Good Evening Everyone

It's been a month since I wrote a blog, since writing last time I celebrated my 60th birthday and have continued training both on the water and in the gym. I am now at 395 hours in the gym and 30.5 hours of on water training, we have cancelled on water training twice due to weather conditions the first time the winds were at 28mph and earlier this week the winds and heavy rain stopped play as winds were reaching 30mph. Our search for a main sponsor continues and will continue right down to the challenge day, I have to admit that funding for training is below £1000 now so we have to budget well in order to get the best out of the remaining days. Why am I doing this challenge, the simple answer is because there are far too many women and men fighting breast cancer and far too many losing their fight to overcome it. Marjorie Anne fought her breast cancer to the very end, she continued to help others who were also fighting the terrible disease and when I visited her in her last months she still had that fight in her. I am so honoured and privileged to be able to raise funds for Breast Cancer Haven in memory of Marjorie Anne, I have fantastic support from my sponsors and would like to thank them all for their funding to enable me to continue the training that is necessary to get me to the start line and beyond. I pray everyday that a sponsor will come forward and join those sponsors already onboard to help keep Marjorie Anne's work going.
































No comments:

Post a Comment