Pages

Things are looking up...

Training updates...

Thursday 5th April 2018 - Quite a good session this morning 2 hours in total, the rower then heavy weights! Received a sponsorship enquiry last night, sent info so hopefully something will come of it. It is a lovely day outdoors so I have been making the most of it, I love all kinds of weather plus it makes people smile more than usual!!
Readout from today's training.


Friday 6th April 2018 - Today's session was a good one, seemed to breeze through on the rowing machine before taking on heavy weights. Not sure if the heart rate monitor was reading correctly as it was reading below 140 most of the session on the rower? Mixed emotions as we go into the weekend, wondering if I’m going to find a sponsor and more importantly the boat (which I really would like to name after “Marjorie Anne” as a tribute to her as an inspirational person and the fights she had against breast cancer). Perhaps there’s someone out there that will come to our aid, who knows?
Readouts from today's training.



Monday 9th april 2018 - I paid a visit to Boatability today with Bron Carter... Nick Kincart was very Helpful with safety advice, it means I won’t need a safety boat for training which is good as the general cost per day is around £165 so that’s well outside any budget! I need a semi-auto life jacket, a strobe flare, a SOS signal beacon (tiny things they are). I also need a VHF radio as well and I am going on a one day course for free but have to pay £60 for the licence (RYA costs) the course is usually £100. 
Things are looking up and this is my training for today.



Wednesday 11th April 2018 - Today was one that started with an email from Langstone Adventure Rowers, which I have now read! Mike Gilbert of Langstone Rowers has, in principle offered me a FISA Stable Scull by the name of ‘Epona’ but he insists I have to have capsize and recovery training before I undertake the challenge. 
The Langstone Adventure Rowers will probably give me the training I need and maybe they’ll do the support boat for the challenge, a lot to take in at this stage but the training is essential. 

Friday 13th April - I went to Guildford RC this afternoon but I couldn’t get on the water because the River Wey was flooded and river running too fast for a novice, the authorities had Red Boarded the river anyway. I got a little bit of a go on the tower and tried a fixed seat rather than a moving one, felt comfortable so I assume it’ll be a fixed seat I’ll use for the challenge but I’m sure Mike Gilbert will determine that.



Monday 16th April 2018 - Here is my session for today, rowing machine for 40 minutes plus core work for 45minutes, this after 6 days off due to meetings and other events. It is a good session and the first after meeting Guildford RC and Mike Gilbert of Langstone Rowers. Hopefully Mike will be taking a chance on me and allowing me to use Epona for the challenge. Readout from today's training. 


I now have to find a Sponsorship of training and the event £5,000 approx, this is not a definite figure, we hope it will be less. If you can help then please get in touch.




My Very Best Wishes.

Paul  

Paul A Smith OBE
Charity Fundraiser for sick Children, Teenagers and breast cancer sufferers. 

Tel: 02392 383515

M: 07796595432


No comments:

Post a Comment