Pages

Training Update....The Journey So Far

On Wednesday 21st March 2018 it was a very busy day with emails being sent to Dover Rowing Club (RC) and Ahoy and Ben Ainslie's Racing (BAR), I also emailed Southampton Water Activity Centre to see if any could either loan me a FISA rowing boat and offer advice on crossing the channel. 
Ahoy have given me advice on who to contact on crossing the channel, they have recommended we hire a safety boat from Dover Marine Sevices as a pilotage Company who they say offer a great service. They also manage communication to the the relevant authorities and say we will be in safe hands.


I also met with Jean Spry and Janet Sampson of “Portsmouth Breast Friends” to inform them that I wish to take up the “Challenge the Channel” on behalf of the Breast Friends (in memory of Marjorie Anne, a good friend who passed away last year with cancer and co-founded the charity) and The Oakley Waterman Caravan Foundation
I now need to approach Rod and Helen (Marjorie Anne's husband and daughter) to ask for their blessing for me to do the challenge and what’s more to name the boat after Marjorie Anne in honour of a good wife, mother and friend. I will arrange a meeting with them both for next week. I’m pleased the way things have gone today but I still need the boat and a safety crew/boat for me to go out on the water to train!

Training updates so far:


22nd March has been another productive day, I will be meeting with Marjorie Anne's  husband Rod and daughter Helen tomorrow afternoon to inform them of my intentions to include Marjorie Anne's charity in the fundraiser and call the boat Marjorie Anne.
I have heard from Guildford RC and they’ve offered to let me have a trial in their FISA boat, this means I’ve got to get some kind person to give me a lift to Guildford on a Wednesday evening. Tomorrow Friday 23rd I’ll pick possible dates to take on the challenge.

Today’s training session, almost 200m down on Tuesday’s session....pictures from readout and rowing machine.



23rd March Today’s training readouts, some small insignificant blisters developing throughout the past week due to training.




26th March training readout pictures:

On the 28th March it was a late session, after a sports massage then off to the gym on the rower, however I forgot to wear my heart rate monitor so couldn’t record that data on this occasion. 

A meeting with Marjorie Anne’s Friends immediately after the session to inform them of my announcement was welcomed with open arms so I now need to find a boat and sponsors for the costs, possibly the hardest part of this challenge? Launched this blog and all social media today so now the world knows....no turning back now!

Thanks for reading... don't forget you can checkout Facebook & Instagram for regular updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment