Pages

Dear Friends....

Dear Friends 

Just a quick update reference Challenge the Channel.

On-water coach, Mike Gilbert has given me 6 days in which we can complete the marathon training session from Bembridge to the Needles all of which are subject to weather.

September 21st/22nd/23rd or 5th/6th/7th October 2018, after these dates we won’t have enough light, the row will take at least 4 hours the distance is 26 miles at least 3 miles longer than the channel crossing. 

Last week was a rest week, so I took the opportunity to take in some sailing photography at Cowes Week onboard the media boat. 

Events over the past week:

Whilst at Cowes my good friend Ingrid Abery who is a renowned Olympic and international yacht photographer has offered 3 limited edition prints for auction, all monies raised will go towards my on-water training, examples of the 3 prints to choose from at attached. The value of the prints are £500-£650 and a suggested starting point for bidding is £250, this is a win, win situation, you get a magnificent print of 16 x 24 inch I get to go on the water to continue my training, Your bid can be kept anonymous if you wish but most of all your kind support will be really appreciated. 

Fundraising has now risen to around £1,056 which will help the Marjorie Anne Fund at the Breast Cancer Haven, our target is £250,000 to help the fund as Breast Cancer Haven receive no government funding so they rely heavily on fundraising to provide free support to those who have breast cancer or had an operation. 

My training gloves have arrived courtesy of Globaleather, I will be trying them out in the gym on Monday.

Our search for a sponsor for training goes on.

Training:

It was hoped that I would get out on the water to row but unfortunately the only day was Thursday morning which I wasn’t able to attend.

Social Media Sites: 
Many Thanks.
My Very Best Wishes 
Paul
Paul A Smith OBE
M: 07796595432
Supporting Children and Teenagers with life threatening illnesses and people with breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment